Wednesday 4 February 2015

Coping with stress

I have the tendency to get overly stressed about everything, whether it's school or work or my social life, there will always be something thats stressing me out. Now I know that I'm not alone in this and that a lot of you reading will feel the exact same way and so I thought I'd do a post about how do deal with all that stress.
If the thing that's stressing you out is workload, the worst thing to do is to sit there and watch it pile up. I know that I have the tendency to just let it all mount up until there's so much to do that I just give up. The best way to deal with workload is to take it a small bit at a time. Give yourself a time structure such as "I'll finish this piece of work in the next hour and then I'll give myself a break". It doesn't matter if you finish the work in the hour because you'll know that you were working extra hard to get that break. Giving yourself breaks is also extremely important. Even if it's just switching on the TV for half an hour or baking something, any kind of break will be a reward, which will then motivate you to work more.
If the thing stressing you out is your social life, work out why. Is it a person? Is it the activities you do together? Once you've worked out what the problem is, you can start to address it. If it's a person, sit down with them over a nice cup of tea or coffee and a cake and talk about the problems that you have. The bet way to deal with people is to be honest with them. If it's the activities you do together, why not try suggesting activities that you'll like. Try to pick fun, lighthearted things that allow to enjoy yourself and enjoy your friends company.

I've found some useful websites for you to look at if you so wish:
http://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/stress-management.htm
http://www.skillsyouneed.com/ps/stress-tips.html
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/stress-guide/#.VNHdCS7i8tI
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/reduce-stress.aspx

There is also a great website called http://www.calm.com/ which allows you to set a certain amount of 'calm time' and there's a selection of calming music.
If you'd like to avoid your computer when de-stressing you can also just light a few candles, pop on some fairy lights, put on some music that makes you calm and just  lie there is some dim lighting concentrating on the music. In short, ALLOW YOURSELF SOME 'ME TIME'. Don't feel like you have to go out and see people, if you are feeling stressed just stay at home and give yourself time to recover.

I hope this post has helped you and if you ever need to talk then my tumblr and email are in the 'About the blog' section.

Have a good day, stay positive and peaceful,
Freya x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment